|[Sawfish] xfce4-panel has window decoration when installing Sawfish from Git on Debian wheezy.|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/sawfish Archives
- To: sawfish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [Sawfish] xfce4-panel has window decoration when installing Sawfish from Git on Debian wheezy.
- From: "Bradley M. Kuhn" <bkuhn@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2013 15:06:44 -0400
- Organization: Opinions expressed in this email are my own and are not necessarily those of any organization with which I have an affiliation.
I recently installed rep-gtk/librep/sawfish from the Git repositories
rather than running the version available on Debian wheezy .
I noticed the following behavior that does not appear in the Debian
packaged version in wheezy, but does appear when I run my version out of
my git repositories.
Namely, the xfce4-panel is framed (i.e., it has window border and title
bar decoration from sawfish). I can easily get rid of that with the
(set-window-type (get-window-by-name-re "xfce4-panel") 'unframed)
However, I'm quite sure this doesn't happen with sawfish in wheezy,
which is 1:1.5.3-2.1+b1.
Was a bug introduced? Did the older sawfish have some way of
recognizing xfce4-panel was a panel and should be unframed, whereas the
new one does not?
 ... which I did primarily to work around the odd window resizing
behavior found in wheezy (although Debian has fixed that by
backporting the patch: