|Re: [Sawfish] question about workspace dimensions|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/sawfish Archives
- To: sawfish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [Sawfish] question about workspace dimensions
- From: D M German <dmg@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2013 23:56:30 -0800
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=x-received:sender:from:to:subject:organization:references:reply-to :date:in-reply-to:message-id:user-agent:mime-version:content-type; bh=9w+YyA4OPcTrs+HS9TIQuyq4Oc6Q97koTgaOwrqKc30=; b=AxHVRhOCrR4j5w6VkSPpa2hXN+fOfKnxaDXc7+wirhSzTN9zyCzSQyzgASdwqKGsda 55yvEID59YLE3my0gsBZnJhR7R9GQA7Lce8EIKiCxPDDc1OoYXyixZuGZyo+PpEKaKAy oANUjgpjwpCjs+5IxdEoXzMu/tScw9Rwd2QKbUMaL8BJljE4SZTUddbwf1ainRJfRxe2 xu8i9W2NICAjVznS2AunoOMSE7anbjgRLyzvK5KnvYMZfEA1UzPQHfZ2csE+XVVH7rWS AiTIoWqgFpLDvl7TQE41T1YG1VzfPGkoTBkuEASY6JcA54moF4ZVdpc+mim1EjQHZo5f y58A==
- Organization: University of Victoria
Teika Kazura twisted the bytes to say:
Teika> I'm not sure of the history. As you wrote it often affects the size,
Teika> not the position. Sorry for a quick'n'messy answer.
Teika> In Misc -> placement, there's a boolean option "ignore
Teika> program-specified window placement". Please make sure it's false.
Teika> On Sat, 26 Jan 2013 20:57:29 -0800, D M German wrote:
>> I think the problem is that, unless I resize with xfce
>> screens tool, the desktop manager does not resize (I was resizing with
>> xrandr from the command line).
Teika> I think the effect is same...but the fact is what matters.
thanks Teika. I'll keep an eye on this. I am now curious.
by the way, if anybody is interested, I have a script that moves the
current window within the boundary of the display, and another one that
moves all the windows within the display. These are used when I rotate
my laptop screen or I detached the external display from my laptop
(around 50% larger). I remaximizes windows to the new display size too.
I sometimes wonder if I should write an extension that keep track of
window sizes and locations in two different displays sizes. So when one
changes they go back to where they were before. Otherwise it is kind of
painful. I guess it would not be difficult...
>> do yuo know the variable name (or function ) where the number of
>> workspaces can be retrieved from?
Teika> (all-workspaces), defined in workspaces.jl? Probably no. The
Teika> calculation of the variable "total-workspaces" in
Teika> (update-workspace-hints), state/wm-spec.jl, seems to do the job.
Teika> It's _NET_NUMBER_OF_DESKTOPS, defined in "ewmh" thingy.
Teika> Teika (Teika kazura)
thanks again Teika,
Teika> Sawfish ML
Daniel M. German "Architecture will always express the technical and social progress of the country in which it is carried out."
dmg (at) uvic (dot) ca
replace (at) with @ and (dot) with .