Re: [Sawfish] question about workspace dimensions

 Teika Kazura twisted the bytes to say:

 Teika> I'm not sure of the history. As you wrote it often affects the size,
 Teika> not the position. Sorry for a quick'n'messy answer.

 Teika> In Misc -> placement, there's a boolean option "ignore
 Teika> program-specified window placement". Please make sure it's false.

 Teika> On Sat, 26 Jan 2013 20:57:29 -0800, D M German wrote:
 >> I think the problem is that, unless I resize with xfce
 >> screens tool, the desktop manager does not resize (I was resizing with
 >> xrandr from the command line).

 Teika> I think the effect is same...but the fact is what matters.

thanks Teika. I'll keep an eye on this. I am now curious.

by the way, if anybody is interested, I have a script that moves the
current window within the boundary of the display, and another one that
moves all the windows within the display. These are used when I rotate
my laptop screen or I detached the external display from my laptop
(around 50% larger). I remaximizes windows to the new display size too.

I sometimes wonder if I should write an extension that keep track of
window sizes and locations in two different displays sizes. So when one
changes they go back to where they were before. Otherwise it is kind of
painful. I guess it would not be difficult...

 >> do yuo know the variable name (or function ) where the number of
 >> workspaces can be retrieved from?

 Teika> (all-workspaces), defined in workspaces.jl? Probably no. The
 Teika> calculation of the variable "total-workspaces" in
 Teika> (update-workspace-hints), state/wm-spec.jl, seems to do the job.
 Teika> It's _NET_NUMBER_OF_DESKTOPS, defined in "ewmh" thingy.

 Teika> Teika (Teika kazura)

thanks again Teika,

 Teika> --
 Teika> Sawfish ML

--
Daniel M. German                  "Architecture will always express the technical and social progress of the country in which it is carried out."
                                   Oscar Niemeyer