Re: [Sawfish] question about workspace dimensions

I'm not sure of the history. As you wrote it often affects the size,
not the position. Sorry for a quick'n'messy answer.

In Misc -> placement, there's a boolean option "ignore
program-specified window placement". Please make sure it's false.

On Sat, 26 Jan 2013 20:57:29 -0800, D M German wrote:
> I think the problem is that, unless I resize with xfce
> screens tool, the desktop manager does not resize (I was resizing with
> xrandr from the command line).

I think the effect is same...but the fact is what matters.

> do yuo know the variable name (or function ) where the number of
> workspaces can be retrieved from?

(all-workspaces), defined in workspaces.jl? Probably no. The
calculation of the variable "total-workspaces" in
(update-workspace-hints), state/wm-spec.jl, seems to do the job.
It's _NET_NUMBER_OF_DESKTOPS, defined in "ewmh" thingy.

Teika (Teika kazura)