|Re: [Sawfish] question about workspace dimensions|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/sawfish Archives
- To: sawfish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [Sawfish] question about workspace dimensions
- From: Teika Kazura <teika@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2013 16:31:46 +0900 (JST)
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=lavabit; d=lavabit.com; b=Kw+tckaV/kN2LrLnHutniJBe2U2Qh466OSW9Ticc1MkQcXjgVY6myJRE3ahHjrli9S8PWic1u5AMkEpcF3X2xl5MuNSYqIDLrwjJyTQJorLeptihtikXyG3cuwDEIBoX5RwwJu70U7Su1pQmvgcg1QuWbGziDdoL4ZCXPQrpxeI=; h=Date:Message-Id:To:Subject:From:In-Reply-To:References:Mime-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding;
On Fri, 25 Jan 2013 14:40:11 -0800, D M German wrote:
> when I unplug it and enable to laptop screen, the panel goes back to its
> expected size. [...] but... the panel (XFCE) shows the dimensions of the
> workspace as if it was the one of the external display (much larger)
Hi, dmg. (Well, I'm almost dead but alive.) It seems to me you confuse
two things: the size of the panel, or more precisely, its (horiz ?)
maximized-ness, is managed by Sawfish, and it's correctly resized
(thanks to your patch iirc). Notice only maximized windows are
resized. But the panel ignores the screen resize, and it's independent
of Sawfish. (Panel has to listen to X, not to Sawfish.) One fix is to
kill and restart the panel using the Sawfish randr-change-notify-hook.
> how does the workspaces panel widget gets the number and size of
> each workspace? And where does sawfish store this information?
Sawfish relies on xinerama for multiscreen (thus it's quite poor), and
in xinerama, there's only, one entire screen. The workspace size is the
same as the screen size.
> when I create windows sometimes they are created outside the boundaries
> of the laptop screen.
Do you enable window history, or have ~/.sawfish/window-history? If so,
disabling or deleting that file may help. Not sure at all. In fact,
that file never helps if does not harm, but it's sometimes created even
if you disable history. (I don't remember how you can enable or
disable it.) So I have my Sawfish wrapper notify me when that file
Teika (Teika kazura)