Re: [Sawfish] Key-binding is broken.

On Sat, 03 Nov 2012 12:09:38 +0100
wrote Christopher Roy Bratusek <nano@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

>On Thursday 01 November 2012 21:03:36 Brett Viren wrote:
>> On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 7:06 AM, Richard <r_j_humphreys@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>> wrote:
>> > For what it' worth: I have only been using sawfish for a few
>> > months, but I have never seen this fully working. I always assumed
>> > that it was a known bug which was not being attended to. Some key
>> > combinations grab successfully, while others are ignored...
>> I think it is a recent regression.  I noticed some key binding
>> problems using the version in git as of two weeks ago.  I'm using
>> sawfish under LXDE.
>>
>> -Brett.
>
>Hmm... besides that I can't reproduce it, the last change in GIT
>regarding keybindings was 349c26555285bb64722ba035434a62dd9de42d1c
>12/09/04 were we just changed some bindings, nothing special.
>
>Maybe people could report a bit more?
>
>==>

>Video Driver:
>Sawfish:
>librep:
>rep-gtk:
>gtk+:
>input-method (if any):
>bindings that don't work:
>tested with clean configuration:
>
>For me:
>
>Debian/Experimental
>1.12.4
>fglrx 12-10
>1.9.90
>0.92.3
>0.90.8.1
>2.24.13
>none
>none
>no
>
>Regards,
>Chris

Have you test it also as a new user?
I have add a new user in debian testing. In the new user directory i
have only on file .xinitrc with:
exec sawfish

If i run now as the new user startx i got a xsession with sawish only.
I open keybindings and try to got a new keybinding. I works if i press
a mousekey. I got also the correct key if i press strg, alt or the win
key and an mouse button. If i press a keyboard key nothing happens, also
if i press strg, alt or win and a keyboard key nothing happens.

If i login as a user with "old" settings in ~/.sawfish some
keybindings i have set before can i replace with a new keybindig if i
press a keyboard key but if i try to add a new keybindig nothing
happens.

--
Regards,
Fuchur

GPG Fingerprint: CA3B 8204 5B3E 6D48 6D53  C116 E5BC 70D5 B8D7 B2B0