below, is that the failure to grab a key seems to be limited to either
certain contexts (Window and Title but not Global) or certain actions
(Tab-related).

On Sat, Nov 3, 2012 at 7:09 AM, Christopher Roy Bratusek
<nano@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Debian, wheezy/sid, i386

> X.Org:
> Video Driver:

xserver-xorg-video-intel              2:2.19.0-6

> Sawfish:

(master)bv@hal:sawfish> git log -n 1
commit d6419b97de1be2a381b734172df7b82c3ecfa643
Author: Christopher Roy Bratusek <nano@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:   Sat Sep 29 11:24:43 2012 +0200

    make shell widget properly work

> librep:

(master)bv@hal:librep> git log -n 1
commit bb7885e78965a366ea7dab35858177a0ebb28ef0
Author: Christopher Roy Bratusek <nano@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:   Sat Sep 8 02:17:43 2012 +0200

    forgot two requires in rep.util.misc

> rep-gtk:

(master)bv@hal:librep> cd ../rep-gtk/
(master)bv@hal:rep-gtk> git log -n 1
commit 88fb14af12a46e97c7b5481473fae30a41372e55
Author: Christopher Roy Bratusek <nano@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:   Sat Sep 1 14:07:51 2012 +0200

    update install-sh

> gtk+

libgtk2.0-dev                         2.24.10-2

> input-method (if any):

None

> bindings that don't work:

Key-only bindings seem to have a problem.  I noticed this while trying
to play with tabbed windows.   For example, in the Sawfish
Configurator I select either the "Window" or "Title" context and
select command "Tab add to group" and "Edit" and finally click
"Grab..." then the usual "Press Key..." label shows up in the center
of my screen.  If I then hit W-t to set the keys to bind there is no
response.  The "Press Key..." window stays and the binding is not
updated.

I have the W (windows) key set as the "super" modifier in the
configurator.  Trying other modifiers (C,A,S) lead to the same
behavior as does just hitting "t".

The other odd thing is that as I move my mouse after clicking the
"Grab..." button (and after the key strokes have failed to be noticed)
then the "grab" is completed with the "Move" action.

Also, if I edit a Global context binding then the behavior is as
expected.  Keys are properly grabbed.  For example I have W-Right
bound to "Next workspace".  If I edit that binding and hit W-Right
after a Grab... it completes to "Super-Right" as expected.

Maybe it is something to do with the Tab related bindings?  I can
successfully rebind keys to other actions in the "Window" context.
For example "Maximize fill window horizontally toggle" accepts a
change.

I hope this helps.

-Brett.