Re: [Sawfish] Re: is there a trick to getting the popup menu working

On Sat, 8 Sep 2012 08:30:30 -0400 (EDT), Allin Cottrell wrote:
On Sat, 8 Sep 2012, Christopher Roy Bratusek wrote:

On Fri, 07 Sep 2012 22:45:36 -0500, Jeremy Hankins wrote:
Jeremy Hankins <nowan@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

popup menus aren't working for me, but only for certain menus -- like window-menu, window-ops-menu, workspace-menu, etc. It *seems* (though I'm not positive on this yet) to be the menus that include closures that
are causing problems -- triggered by some librep change, maybe?.
I'm starting to wonder if this is a gtk compatibility issue -- and
possibly related to the problems compiling sawfish-pager?

Indeed those funcs where marked as deprecated in GTK+2. Maybe Ubuntu does compile GTK+2 without deprecated symbols, while Debian does?

I'd be very surprised if anyone is building gtk 2 without its
deprecated symbols. There's no configure option to omit such symbols
so such a package would require considerable hackery and would in fact
be a fork of gtk -- and it would break tons of third-party apps.

Allin Cottrell

Not at all, those -DG_DISABLE_* flags exactly do this
 - so that wouldn't be a big deal.

Still I have no other explaination why it works on Debian,
while it doesn't on Ubuntu (yet).

Except... that Ubuntu more than one time had issues with SF,
Debian hadn't. In one Ubuntu release the pointer acted strange
when SF was active for example.

Regards,
Chris