[Sawfish] Re: is there a trick to getting the popup menu working

Jeremy Hankins <nowan@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> popup menus aren't working for me, but only for certain menus -- like
> window-menu, window-ops-menu, workspace-menu, etc.  It *seems* (though
> I'm not positive on this yet) to be the menus that include closures that
> are causing problems -- triggered by some librep change, maybe?.

I'm starting to wonder if this is a gtk compatibility issue -- and
possibly related to the problems compiling sawfish-pager?

It seems that any menu which uses the "group" option causes sawfish-menu
to fail.  Looking at the sawfish-menu script, that seems to be for
setting up some kind of gtk radio button thing.  I don't exactly see why
that's useful for sawfish-menu, though, since every time you select
something the menu instance is gone, to be recreated next time you use
it.  But there's probably something I'm not understanding.

The affected menus (that I know of) are: workspace-menu, window-menu,
frame-type-menu and frame-style-menu.  But since these are included in
other menus, basically every default menu stops working if you're
affected by this bug.

--
Jeremy Hankins <nowan@xxxxxxxxx>