Re: [Sawfish] Re: is there a trick to getting the popup menu working

On Sat, 8 Sep 2012, Christopher Roy Bratusek wrote:

On Fri, 07 Sep 2012 22:45:36 -0500, Jeremy Hankins wrote:
Jeremy Hankins <nowan@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

popup menus aren't working for me, but only for certain menus -- like
window-menu, window-ops-menu, workspace-menu, etc.  It *seems* (though
I'm not positive on this yet) to be the menus that include closures that
are causing problems -- triggered by some librep change, maybe?.

I'm starting to wonder if this is a gtk compatibility issue -- and
possibly related to the problems compiling sawfish-pager?

Indeed those funcs where marked as deprecated in GTK+2. Maybe Ubuntu does compile GTK+2 without deprecated symbols, while Debian does?

I'd be very surprised if anyone is building gtk 2 without its deprecated symbols. There's no configure option to omit such symbols so such a package would require considerable hackery and would in fact be a fork of gtk -- and it would break tons of third-party apps.

Allin Cottrell