|Re: [Sawfish] preferred way to install on "recent" linux distro|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/sawfish Archives
- To: sawfish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [Sawfish] preferred way to install on "recent" linux distro
- From: Brett Viren <brett.viren@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2012 09:04:23 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; bh=QCU9sX4lxgSwj32Jb+O+zuHEuzgjWPFLCnf/UC1m3G0=; b=JQdRdtLLKrele2xIxdev1qO4mwnpjWgqPCKSD0yGYD2KdZJVEwy317W23cgkNfqZ51 WDAeqyyyrMoY3ej5/43X27KQD7Lb/1vxV0vHcfXOHHCNIo+i7DJcU11ExjOPsZfPf0fi +zfDxoHgfUqfQrqh/PqcXjh9Z6HAp7RpfylaU1d6Gzws5ckd/DgAuWlPps9b108RjRPr zkATt2ST6OgUN3AP5DnTVA89FzvWxgg+Lkzii4VbjPWvhvYO/Qqb6IrPRZPyuyCXLYT2 AEvyEzUIu4msBdypFyNJnpKiyYoTPg9rU9nW74ZTEroNZl8M7NYvNGeQinQp0g0qZvkg BYLg==
On Sun, Aug 19, 2012 at 6:20 AM, Daniel Fetchinson
> What made me a bit worried is that in order to compile sawfish I need
> librep and rep-gtk. But this is gtk2 I guess. And since gnome 3 uses
> (I guess) gtk3 I was worried whether I can install gtk2 alongside
> gtk3. Or this is no problem? Only gnome 3 alongside gnome 2 is
> Or should I just install sawfish from the fedora 17 repo which will
> automatically pull gtk2?
Gtk is independent from Gnome (but not vice versa) so that aspect is
not a problem. You may only be able to install the "devel" packages
for either gtk2 or gtk3 and not both. This may not be a problem for
you. If it is, you should be able to just install one or the other
when you need them.
This is from Debian experience but I guess RH based systems should
> And will MATE have these applications like gnome-power-manager,
> gnome-settings-daemon, etc? That would be the best I guess.
I've given up on Gnome, in bulk form, and moved to LXDE. I still run
some Gnome'ish things individually and without problems. For example,
network manager or gpointer-device-settings.