|Re: [Sawfish] Re: plain sawfish as a window manager|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/sawfish Archives
- To: sawfish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [Sawfish] Re: plain sawfish as a window manager
- From: Snow Bender <snowbender@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 14:03:52 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=SKRODQagLAQ8VfyGdEBSu1LoZf4D+XudrAYk9Z4GE08=; b=1JDqD8oS56Qq5OGXbreyuQwJlr8wXMtGkx8SH/b+Xx/1Ogd54xkjysEp6jfHParI77 5WeNMBX9r52UraZi6ZwpWFOmNJyONCWmZW1/m+zC+9BudFiCd3dpU0z3M0Z1y8FsqieO 95jU37FmCnl6yGcA8svzrmWvFocAeJcV32nNg9cTCwmBtnuqaSJdKR5Jwe1laycKhBSD aK7UEPBORp3ywRPXKGttUT+RSZhMnc/bXAVGtMuTD1Qx90aMA7Jk87UyDEgJoDgwKGrz JelxTvVgMaQFPlOtEnP/BWZYDBbyWBZC6X+mzw5WRE/JFISlBl7rXYD9HET+8SSlTSn1 yEcA==
On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 8:36 AM, Dmitry Derjavin <dd@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Втр, Авг 21 2012 at 12:17, Snow Bender wrote:
>> Is it possible to create something that looks like the status bar in
>> awesome wm?
> I'm not familiar with Awesome, but it seems that
> http://sawfish.wikia.com/wiki/Rich-title is what you are looking for.
Indeed, that looks interesting. I also plan to use sawfish on my iBook
and Rich-title seems especially interesting for showing the battery
>> I read about the distinction between viewports and desktops... what
>> are interesting usages of both viewports and the combination of
>> viewports and desktops?
> If you have enough spatial imagination you can get a real 3D desktop,
> without any fancy cubes.
Heh... I settled for now on 2 desktops, each 3x3 viewports.
>> Is there a repository with example sawfish configurations? I've been
>> searching for configurations, but it's hard to find any.
> Just ask here a bit more specifically. By the way, simple
> output may contain something interesting.
Well, I already tried that, but most of the pages I found are very old
and I wonder how much of it is still correct/relevant. I guess I'll
just have to experiment a bit myself.