|Re: [Sawfish] plain sawfish as a window manager|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/sawfish Archives
- To: sawfish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [Sawfish] plain sawfish as a window manager
- From: Snow Bender <snowbender@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 13:54:35 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; bh=uGjVEvlCFAs6QXltnJXR763GWiRgb0d9tvs53fbNrxI=; b=aCnrCQouvxzOe8GCHnWN3dQSWeJJCfQW/IKj7WuLcPJWFlPCX0WEb2gMdiB6r565wx aqLyGEmWfEieQxDNrtqgymU5cKsLQdllTx2YLPO9ciZfu9Hwa9eJIwnMIs6rrmV/KMXh +hOWNHPZvLYYHq6eQYzaYJcWyR2kApaqM8NtUnXKZgiPcQ3bE1gjzukAi97ionN8vbrF Ru1BMtSMMpAGz3uQEUwV0OcZ1jVRquWMB9udtQyTnT5Ui5ymyf4HeXXNfbEUF2qad9Yn m4bnkuSTNarTQtoJ2HFizbmC3zEtMHanD+kdu+0DoA8Ab6wUDOQpaOy0iTECOXFlFdxk jxdg==
> you can find many useful information on our wiki: http://sawfish.wikia.com
> For example the page about external applications:
I have to be honest: I knew about the wiki, but I don't really like
the site because of the commercials. I did take the time to check it a
bit more thoroughly now. The extensions themselves that are listed on
the site are interesting for both use and for checking their code.
> Sawfish does not include a tray, because Sawfish philosophy is to be just a
> window-manager not more, not less (though we added a handful stuff outside
Yes, I understand that. But aside from that, it seems like sawfish,
rep and rep-gtk give enough power for creating addons like an
application launcher, and things like Merlin.Ugliness (seems to
include an iconbox) and Cabinet.
> after you have installed sawfish-pager, add the following to
> $HOME/.sawfishrc (or $HOME/.sawfish/rc -- both are recognized by SF):
> ( require 'sawfish.wm.ext.pager )
> ( add-hook 'after-initialization-hook pager t )
> that will start pager when Sawfish starts. If you want to change pager
> settings, open SawfishConfig (sh: sawfish-config, menu: customize > Sawfish
> Settings) and navigate to 'Pager'.
I got it to work! And sawfish-client is just wonderful... I did the
following to test the pager initially.
thanks for the help,