|[Sawfish] plain sawfish as a window manager|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/sawfish Archives
- To: sawfish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [Sawfish] plain sawfish as a window manager
- From: Snow Bender <snowbender@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 10:17:37 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=aIrqrECi/yTm8D91jFUivuG+jJo1EXq1aTkocPhL9UA=; b=cMxcMtbqe1MX7WHwCUP/kjyZi3c0GzmlQbg/Xj9NzHtxkCW5KjaqHyLIH3ZpzqsFWJ eDwp1J8gdnqzhMa6+qxzoN/HaN6sEcHcx1Zw5X667Q4aiICtHQDG/r9aOvDHLr+NcTLO Sp1AI4HV4ANZk2GJgIdPV5p8lmb69JizHveQBTCmWFn4wURogfYbLT7IFutOKyQV3klp 1DZJ3F228ebSht2NsxT/lN6irVVG9+xDMK4pm491hovubmayzUs5CDtuSGCniZqAYYiS PFejp7gkOW+8UCLpw+Q7u2ixb6TegllBkNkTvXL9t2qSDtjxzLWV9HnKmI8gKWzJQIc4 Pong==
I'd like to use sawfish on its own as a window manager, thus not as a window manager inside xfce or gnome.
In that regard, I saw that there is a project sawfish-pager, but I can't figure out how to use it?
Aside from that, is there also a system tray included? Is it possible to create something that looks like the status bar in awesome wm? How do most people use sawfish? Using it inside another desktop environment, or assembling their own desktop using third-party components like a panel, a system tray, or e.g. conky?
I read about the distinction between viewports and desktops... what are interesting usages of both viewports and the combination of viewports and desktops? I'm familiar with the concept from e16, but it's always interesting to know how other people use this.
Is there a repository with example sawfish configurations? I've been searching for configurations, but it's hard to find any.