Re: [proaudio] I want to contribute

On 11/08/15 23:11, Ingolf Wagner wrote:
> Ok, I set up everything now. I use git svn, here is what I did.
>
> git svn clone
> svn+ssh://palo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/svnroot/proaudio/proaudio
> <http://palo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/svnroot/proaudio/proaudio>
> --stdlayout --revision=2960 cd proaudio/ git svn rebase
>

> I found some readme files (and a folder which I think is dead
> proaudio-dev, whats that for?) I haven't read all the readme files
> so far, but I looks like you have the same files on the wiki page.
>

> anyway, is there any revision process in place? like pull-requests
> or something? Otherwise I would just put my ebuilds in there.
>
> Cheers Ingolf Wagner
>
> p.s.: happy to be on board, and will read the readme files
> tomorrow.

> <mailto:waynedpj@xxxxxxxxxxx>>:
>
> Il giorno mer, 04/11/2015 alle 15.21 +0100, Manuel Bärenz ha
> scritto:
>> I certainly agree that moving to Git is a very good idea. I
>> haven't contributed much to this overlay, and one of the reasons
>> is that I couldn't be bothered to learn SVN, and didn't want to
>> send patches via Email all the time.
>>
>> Gitlab vs. Github: I have the feeling that the issue tracker on
>> Gitlab is more usable and serious than the Github one. Other than
>> that I agree with Karl about the philosophy and would prefer
>> Gitlab. But I wouldn't mind Github either if people think that
>> popularity is important (and in case nobody wants to use Gitlab
>> just because of Proaudio).
>>

> +1 for GitLab: open license + better issue tracker
>
> thanks for moving to Git.

Well, unfortunately I have not had time to do any proaudio work. I
will do as soon as I get the time. Since the overlay is terribly
outdated here and there and some ebuilds do no nothing but making
repoman unhappy I suggest we move to git package-by-package, rather
than copying everything in one go, because then we would need to
janitor the overlay in order to get meaningful repoman output.

The process I suggest is the following:
 1. Rename the the proaudio svn repo to old-proaudio.
 2. Create a git repo at GitLab and name it proaudio.
 3. Make the old-proaudio a consumer to (new) proaudio.
 4. Begin moving ebuilds and make sure repoman is happy.

What do you think? If no one opposes I will start doing this when I
get the time.