Re: [proaudio] Could you please these QJackMMC and jackctlmmc ebuilds?

Honestly, I'd rather not make it into one ebuild, since the users would have to know that one program contained the other. The reason they use the same .tar.gz is because they handily share code and functionality, but they're really not the same program. I think you're idea to use the '+' switch on the IUSE list is a good one, and I've changed "jackmidi" to "+jackmidi" since I believe that is a feature that most users will want, and should only be disabled consciously. I've cleaned up the ebuilds and added the appropriate die flags now. They're attached. Could you look them over and add them to the overlay please?

Thanks much,
-- Alex

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 4:42 PM, Dominique Michel <dominique.michel@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Le Mon, 16 May 2011 08:49:04 +0100,
Gavin Pryke <gavinlee303@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

> On Sunday 15 May 2011 19:43:53 Alex Montgomery wrote:
> ..
> > Thanks Gavin, I've integrated your suggestions and attached the new
> > ebuilds.
>
> I looked at the ebuilds a bit more. I see that both ebuilds refer to
> the same tarball?
> It's just a thought but it may be possible to have just the one
> ebuild, say for instance jackctlmmc. The cli could be built by
> default and then allow the GUI to be built as an option with USE=qt4
> on emerge. The GUI part could even be enabled by default with
> IUSE="+qt4" in the ebuild itself as well for the complete package, or
> turned off as needed. I'm not familiar enough with the software to be
> sure if this would work though.
>
> Best Regards
> Gav

The GUI doesn't need the cli program, but both can be installed at the
same time. In consequence, 2 USE flags are needed. USE=cli can be used
for the command line program. I can look at it, but it will not be
before the week-end. It will go faster if someone else modify the
ebuild, test it and post it on the list.

Ciao,

"We have the heroes we deserve."