Re: [proaudio] Could you please these QJackMMC and jackctlmmc ebuilds?

On Sunday 15 May 2011 18:20:31 Dominique Michel wrote:
> Le Sun, 15 May 2011 15:42:01 +0100,
>
> Alex Montgomery <apmontgomery@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit :
> > Hello,
> >
> > I've written two ebuilds for the newly released QJackMMC / jackctlmmc
> > programs (attached). They're simple programs (one Qt-based GUI and
> > the other command-line based) that listen to MIDI Machine Control,
> > MMC, and use these commands to drive JACK transport. Could someone
> > please either add these to media-sound/qjackmmc and
> > media-sound/jackctlmmc or give me access to do it myself?
> >
> > These are the first ebuilds that I've written, and although they work
> > for me and seem to conform to the standard, I'd really appreciate it
> > if someone could look them over and make sure they're alright.
> >
> > Thanks much!
> > -- Alex
> >
> > QJackMMC / jackctlmmc project page: http://jackctlmmc.sourceforge.net/
>
> Hi Alex,
>
> Your ebuilds look fine.
>
> I don't think than the following line is needed:
>  DEPEND dev-util/pkgconfig"
>
>  DEPEND="${RDEPEND}
> must be enough instead.
>
> pkgconfig is a very standard gentoo package and I think than, if
> QJackMMC / jackctlmmc doesn't need a specific version, which is not
> the case according to your evuilds, it must not be needed.
>
> Ciao,
> Dominique

Don't want to sound picky here but there are numerous ebuilds in media-sound/
in portage that depend on pkgconfig and they list it in DEPEND, the only thing
here is that deps should be listed each on a separate line, I suppose for
readability. AFAIK if the package is in the core system set then it doesn't
need to be listed, like gcc and glibc, etc. pkgconfig I think isn't. The
ebuilds look good otherwise, though maybe there should be a "|| die" at the
end of the call to econf.
Many thanks for the ebuilds.

Best
Gav