Re: [proaudio] Could you please these QJackMMC and jackctlmmc ebuilds?

Le Fri, 20 May 2011 19:12:39 +0100,
Alex Montgomery <apmontgomery@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

> Honestly, I'd rather not make it into one ebuild, since the users
> would have to know that one program contained the other. The reason
> they use the same .tar.gz is because they handily share code and
> functionality, but they're really not the same program.

From your website, the console program is a simplified version of the
QT one. So for me they are the same program. It is like alsaplayer
that have several frontends with different capabilities. It is always
alsaplayer.

But and after some thinking, what make me to agree with you
is that your frontends have not only different capabilities,
but also different names, and that can confuse the user. (if he/she is
searching for the one that is not named like the ebuild)

I will commit them later today.

Ciao,