Re: [proaudio] ProAudio current state

On Fr, 08.08.08 13:16 Alexis Ballier <aballier@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > Yeah that's really not the right place, but on the other hand, if
> > someone is interested in the examples (given we only install them on
> > "useflag request"), $user will most likely have hard time to find
> > the examples in /usr/bin
> >
> > And we will have package collisions, e.g.
> >
> > /usr/share/stk/projects/examples/play
> > /usr/bin/play
> >
> > Latter one comes from media-sound/sox
> >
> > *shrug*
>
> yep /usr/bin is worse; perhaps /usr/bin/stk_examples or something
> similar ? or /usr/libexec/stk ?

/usr/libexec/stk sounds good. The ones in examples should be fine.
As for ragmatic, no idea if the binary needs the other stuff from
ragmatic subdir. Will test.

What about all those TCL example files? Adding tcl useflag and RDEPEND?

> > > - why is it in media-sound category and not media-lib ?
> >
> > Given all the example binaries, apps and whatnot, it looked like
> > more than just a libstk.
> >
> > Maybe splitting it in media-libs/stk and media-sound/stk-apps or
> > something like that would make more sense, but with this build
> > system...
> >
> > I'd completely agree with media-libs too.
>
> bah... lots of libraries contain and install examples on how to use
> it ;) sometimes the programs are very useful also.

Agreed, and already moved to media-libs + some cleanups and examples
useflag.

Tom