Re: [proaudio] ProAudio current state

Alexis Ballier wrote:
(not commenting on points where I don't have a clue at the moment,
because it's starting to be late)

# more keywords in overlay
dev-libs/libtar/libtar-1.2.11-r1.ebuild    amd64 keyworded
media-plugins/amb-plugins/amb-plugins-0.3.0.ebuild    x86 keyworded
media-sound/gigedit/gigedit-0.1.1.ebuild    x86 keyworded

please file bugs for these; just say "it works on $arch, please keyword
it" and let it be keyworded
I recognize some of them I added, I usually only add amd64 keyword ;p

k, for the x86 I could fill some bugs

Just out of curiosity, why do you need libtar ??? last time I tried it,
it built only a non pic static archive which could cause problems if
linked from a shared library on amd64 (but that wouldnt be libtar's
fault I'd say)

I did not add this, but the log tells us
r934 | gimpel | 2007-10-30 16:10:16 +0100 (Di, 30 Okt 2007) | 1 line

add ~amd64 keyworded libtar for hydrogen-9999, (try to) fix hydrogen-9999 build - eqmake4 etc..

media-sound/aldrin/aldrin-0.11.ebuild    amd64 keyworded and menu
entry

same for the keyword, plus I'm not the maintainer for this so I'm
reluctant to merge the desktop entry change without bug report ;p

TODO media-sound/patchage/patchage-0.4.1.ebuild    useflag jackmidi
-- verify this one with the one from portage
media-sound/qjackctl/qjackctl-0.3.3.ebuild    useflag jackmidi

they don't in portage, there is room for improvement for jackmidi
enabling/disabling in portage ;)

TODO media-sound/traverso/traverso-9999.ebuild more useflags -- in good shape but respin gainst portage's

patches very welcome

media-libs/phat/phat-0.4.1.ebuild    IMHO better doc handling

indeed; please diff it and send a patch for the portage one, it's a bit
out of sync, and also check that the doc aren't built with use=-doc

media-sound/ardour/ardour-2.0.5.ebuild    vst support
media-sound/ardour/ardour-2.4.1.ebuild    vst support
media-sound/ardour/ardour-2.5.ebuild    keep vst support

yep we dont have vst in the tree; I've never played with this and never
took time to carefully check what its license means. Help and a proxy
maintainer for the vst would be very welcome ;)

TODO media-sound/lash/lash-0.5.1.ebuild    verify with one in portage
-- keeps /etc/services cleaner
TODO media-sound/lash/lash-0.5.4.ebuild    verify with one in portage
-- keeps /etc/services cleaner

I think I killed the etc/services thingy some time ago; not sure if
there is a better way to do it; any idea is welcome ;)

media-sound/phasex/phasex-0.11.1.ebuild desktop entry -- and march flag set

indeed and the one in the overlay seems to have better deps; I didnt
check carefully though. By the way, I dont understand what this march
flag set thing is, shouldn't it be part of cflags and therefore always
set ?

x11-libs/flowcanvas/flowcanvas-0.5.0.ebuild    WANT_AUTOMAKE is
missing in portags one

why is that needed? this should only matter when running the autotools
and certainly not at src_compile; if it matters then its probably due
to maintainer mode which would be a bug in the portage ebuild.

so that was finally my fault, I think this ebuild resulted from the svn ebuild so
this I'll delete it later

Thanks for the summary, I'll check more carefuly and try to merge some
of the changes probably tomorrow.

Alexis.