Re: [proaudio] ProAudio current state

(not commenting on points where I don't have a clue at the moment,
because it's starting to be late)

> # more keywords in overlay
> dev-libs/libtar/libtar-1.2.11-r1.ebuild    amd64 keyworded
> media-plugins/amb-plugins/amb-plugins-0.3.0.ebuild    x86 keyworded
> media-sound/gigedit/gigedit-0.1.1.ebuild    x86 keyworded

please file bugs for these; just say "it works on $arch, please keyword
it" and let it be keyworded
I recognize some of them I added, I usually only add amd64 keyword ;p

Just out of curiosity, why do you need libtar ??? last time I tried it,
it built only a non pic static archive which could cause problems if
linked from a shared library on amd64 (but that wouldnt be libtar's
fault I'd say)

> media-sound/aldrin/aldrin-0.11.ebuild    amd64 keyworded and menu
> entry

same for the keyword, plus I'm not the maintainer for this so I'm
reluctant to merge the desktop entry change without bug report ;p

> TODO media-sound/patchage/patchage-0.4.1.ebuild    useflag jackmidi
> -- verify this one with the one from portage
> media-sound/qjackctl/qjackctl-0.3.3.ebuild    useflag jackmidi

they don't in portage, there is room for improvement for jackmidi
enabling/disabling in portage ;)

> TODO media-sound/traverso/traverso-9999.ebuild    more useflags -- in
> good shape but respin gainst portage's

patches very welcome

> media-libs/phat/phat-0.4.1.ebuild    IMHO better doc handling

indeed; please diff it and send a patch for the portage one, it's a bit
out of sync, and also check that the doc aren't built with use=-doc

> media-sound/ardour/ardour-2.0.5.ebuild    vst support
> media-sound/ardour/ardour-2.4.1.ebuild    vst support
> media-sound/ardour/ardour-2.5.ebuild    keep vst support

yep we dont have vst in the tree; I've never played with this and never
took time to carefully check what its license means. Help and a proxy
maintainer for the vst would be very welcome ;)

> TODO media-sound/lash/lash-0.5.1.ebuild    verify with one in portage
> -- keeps /etc/services cleaner
> TODO media-sound/lash/lash-0.5.4.ebuild    verify with one in portage
> -- keeps /etc/services cleaner

I think I killed the etc/services thingy some time ago; not sure if
there is a better way to do it; any idea is welcome ;)

> media-sound/phasex/phasex-0.11.1.ebuild    desktop entry -- and march
> flag set

indeed and the one in the overlay seems to have better deps; I didnt
check carefully though. By the way, I dont understand what this march
flag set thing is, shouldn't it be part of cflags and therefore always
set ?

> x11-libs/flowcanvas/flowcanvas-0.5.0.ebuild    WANT_AUTOMAKE is
> missing in portags one

why is that needed? this should only matter when running the autotools
and certainly not at src_compile; if it matters then its probably due
to maintainer mode which would be a bug in the portage ebuild.

Thanks for the summary, I'll check more carefuly and try to merge some
of the changes probably tomorrow.

Alexis.