Re: [proaudio] autools

On Thu, 5 Jul 2007, Cory Bannister wrote:

Kjetil S. Matheussen wrote:

On Thu, 5 Jul 2007, Francisco Oltra wrote:

On 2007-07-05 04:17:13 -0700 Cory Bannister
<cory.bannister@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 I'm in need of a utility to join several .au files together.  I
lost an
 audacity .aup file and have only many, many .au files of about 24
 seconds each.   I can list the files by creation time to get the
correct
 order however I'm unable to join them in any way that I know.  autools
 has a tool called plax that seems to be the tool I'm looking for
however
 it is not in portage or pro-audio overlay and I cannot get the
source to
 compile.
 Do anyone know of a way I can join .au files together?  I tried cat
and
 although it works, it inserts a clip between each join.

Start snd, create a new empty file with proper number of channels and
samplerate, then edit "path" and "files" in the script below, and
after that just paste it into the terminal you started snd.

(define path "/path/to/soundfiles/")
(define files '(file1.au file2.au file3.au etc.))

(for-each (lambda (file)
             (insert-sound (string-append path (symbol->string file))
(frames)))
          files)

Should I be doing anything else?  Nothing happens when I paste the
script portion.  I changed the path and added the files.

1. Did you remember to create a new file first? (File->New)
2. Are you sure the path and files was correct? (Did you remember the
   trailing slash in path?)
3. Did you get any error messages?
4. Which terminal do you use? Try plain xterm. (in case that helps: weird)