Re: [proaudio] autools

On 7/6/07, Kjetil S. Matheussen <k.s.matheussen@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Thu, 5 Jul 2007, Cory Bannister wrote:

> Kjetil S. Matheussen wrote:
>>

>> On Thu, 5 Jul 2007, Francisco Oltra wrote:

>> Start snd, create a new empty file with proper number of channels and
>> samplerate, then edit "path" and "files" in the script below, and
>> after that just paste it into the terminal you started snd.
>>
>> (define path "/path/to/soundfiles/")
>> (define files '(file1.au file2.au file3.au etc.))
>>
>> (for-each (lambda (file)
>>              (insert-sound (string-append path (symbol->string file))
>> (frames)))
>>           files)
>>

> Should I be doing anything else?  Nothing happens when I paste the
> script portion.  I changed the path and added the files.

1. Did you remember to create a new file first? (File->New)
2. Are you sure the path and files was correct? (Did you remember the
    trailing slash in path?)
3. Did you get any error messages?
4. Which terminal do you use? Try plain xterm. (in case that helps: weird)

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. no
4. gnome-terminal

In the end I used sox to join them all together.  Unfortunately sox
can only handle 32 input files at a time but thanks to bash  and some
handy 'for loops' i was able to get everything into one large .wav
file and import that back into audacity.