Re: [proaudio] 2.6.17-rt8 kernel does not boot

Enabled APIC and it boots! Thanks a lot. Not completely out of the woods yet but I can see the light.

On 8/29/06, Rossco <rosscoad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Dominique Michel wrote:
> I think at it is a hardware IRQ sharing problem. RT-kernel don't like
> it. You have 2 devices that share the same IRQ.
>
> You must look in the bios to see if you can reassign the IRQ, or try to
> move some cards from slot to slot. You can also boot the vanilla kernel
> and look at the output of
>
> cat /proc/interrupts
>
> It will show you the shared IRQ. acpi=off is a good option with a
> realtime kernel. The acpi system will be disabled and it will spare an
> IRQ that will be avaible for other hardware.
>
> Dominique

Further to Dominique's comments, you could also try enabling APIC in the
kernel config if it is available and not already enabled. That will
provide more IRQs which may help to prevent the IRQ sharing.

Ross.