Re: [proaudio] 2.6.17-rt8 kernel does not boot

Should have known. It's a Dell. No AMD there.....

Could this be that you didn't get the right chipset support into your kernel?

You might also try some boot time options like acpi=off, etc. You'd
have to look up the correct options and how to do it. You can put
those into the command line in grub before you choose to boot so they
are very easy to try out.

Good luck,
Mark

On 8/28/06, Mark Tombs <mark.tombs@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
nope, pentium-m. Ill try rt5 anyway.  thanks for the hint.

On 8/28/06, Mark Knecht <markknecht@xxxxxxxxx > wrote:
> Hi,
>    Is this an AMD64 by chance? If so please downshift to 2.6.17-rt5 .
> It works fine. -rt8 has had a number of problems and I think Ingo
> hasn't been as focused on this due to it being summer time.
>
> Hope this helps,
> Mark
>
> On 8/28/06, Mark Tombs < mark.tombs@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > I've just joined the list.  I'm trying to setup my Dell Latitude D600
laptop
> > for proaudio stuff, and I can't get past stage 1 - booting the kernel.
I've