Re: [proaudio] problem at boot with rt-sources

And I can confirm that the patched version of PAM in the overlay works
as well. :)

-Reuben

On 7/15/06, Mark Knecht <markknecht@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 7/15/06, Dubphil <dubphil@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> thanks a lot Mark and Dominique (and Friede... I had already tested the rt7)
>
> > I had similar problems, although not at exactly the same place in the
> > boot process, when 2.6.17-rt came out. For me the trick was not to use
> > the old config file and to do the kernel config by hand from scratch.
>
> So I have now a working kernel 2.6.17-rt7, but it wasn't without pain !
>
> First big pain : something vary odd that happens to me (I spend about 12
> hours to find the hint) was that a kernel parameter, in the Power
> Management section, CONFIG_PM_STD_PARTITION was set to "/dev/hda2" by
> default and unfortunatly on my system /dev/hda2 is an extended W95
> partition (see as a zéro-length partition) so I had a kernel panic at the
> boot. Such a drastic default parameters is very odd IMHO.
>
> second pain and bad news : realtime-lsm is no longer compatible with the
> 2.6.17-rt7 Kernel :(

Hi,
   I'm sorry that the problems continue for you, but at least you have
the kernel booting now. That is good.

   Also, realtime-lsm is COMPLETELY compatible with 2.6.17-rtX. I'm
using it right now.

QUESTION: Did you remember to re-emerge it with your new kernel?

QUESTION: Did you remember to change the /usr/src/linux link to point
at the new kernel source tree?

   I can promise you that realtime-lsm works for me everyday on -rt kernels.

Hope this helps,
Mark