Re: [pok-devel] ARINC-653 intrapartition communication compatibility

Hi Maxim,

Indeed, the intra-partition ports do not have to be pre-configured. I did that because it was simple for me to do. If you have a patch that overcomes this issue, please commit.. At that time, I wanted something that demonstrate the approach of building a partitioned system, a full compliance with the ARINC standard was not the primary objective. But if there is nice contribution to do it, I will be more than happy to see your any contribution!

My recommendation would be to tell us what changes you need in the code generator. Then, Jerome or I can figure out how we can improve Ocarina and support your changes.

Also, having other code generation tools is a great news! If you can share it, please reference it on the POK website! Also, a ARINC653 test suite will be more than welcome!

Please let us know what you can contribute and how you can do it. On my end, I am willing to add you as a committer on the project and give you the hand on the website as well! Please let me know what you would like to do.

Julien.

On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 9:33 AM, Maxim Malkov <malkov@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 20.02.2014 17:23, Julien Delange wrote:
> I do not remember that buffer can be assigned at run-time. The buffer
> can be created at runtime but the name is static, no? Can you send the
> piece of the standard that details that part?
In my copy of the standard, 653P1-3 dated November 15, 2010, there is
the following statement just under "3.7.2.1 Buffer Services":

"A buffer must be created during the partition initialization phase
before it can be used. A name is
given at buffer creation, this name is local to the partition and is not
an attribute of the partition
configuration table. "

I believe the part "not an attribute of the partition configuration
table" implies that names are not static.

The same phrase appeas in parts of the standard related to other
_intra_partition communication services.
Names of the _inter_partition services' objects, however, are static
indeed.
> As part of updating POK, I have no issue with that. On the other hand,
> POK is used with Ocarina so you should also update Ocarina as well. If
> you are not familiar with Ada, we can help you, the code is pretty
> basic and there is a lot of folks that are contributing to the
> project. I asume Jerome might help on that front, I can be helpful too..
>
> But our objective would be to improve POK but also let it usable with
> the current toolset (i.e. do not break anything that already works).

Actually, I test POK without Ocarina or other codegeneration tools.
Moreover, I happen to have a suite of pure-ARINC-653 tests that I
"ported" to POK. I'm not sure about the terms that I got the tests on,
but I'll certainly share the tests if I'll be able to.

--
Maxim Malkov
Software Engineering Department, ISPRAS