Re: [hatari-users] ICD hard drive image

On Sun, 19 May 2019 22:06:23 -0400
"Roger Burrows" <anodyne@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 19 May 2019 at 15:49, Charles Curley wrote:
> >
> > I have it as ASCI HD2. ASCI HDs 0 and 1 are images I built fresh,
> > and they show up and work as C: and D:. All have extensions of
> > ".img". I also have a GEMDOS drive, which show up as E: whether I
> > have the SCSI image in the mix or not.
> >
> I don't understand this.  There is only room for one ACSI HD image in
> my Hatari "Hard disks" dialog, so you must be using some setup that
> I'm not familiar with.  You had better get one of the real Hatari
> developers to answer your question.

Odd. As far as I know, I am running a bog standard hatari. I don't have
any packages installed, so it was compiled from the git repo.

charles@hawk:~$ hatari --version

Hatari v2.1.0 - the Atari ST, STE, TT and Falcon emulator.

Hatari is free software licensed under the GNU General Public License.

charles@hawk:~$ ll /usr/local/bin/hatari
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 16130048 Dec 18 14:26 /usr/local/bin/hatari*
charles@hawk:~$

In the Hard disks dialog I have, the top row is for ASCI drives. On
either side of the legend, "ASCI HD 0" I see two arrows, left and
right. Click the right one to go to ASCI HD 1", etc. Click the left one
to descend. It allows HDs from 0 to seven. ASCI HD 0 becomes C:, 1
becomes D:, etc.

One could probably hack them into hatari.cfg; the [ASCI] stanza has
entries for them, including some I've never used.

All of which leads to the conjecture: what if I take my two working
images out of the mix, and install the SCSI image as HD 0? EmuTOS
recognized drives "ABE". Disk E is my GEMDOS drive.

> For now, I will not follow up on your cross-posting to the EmuTOS
> list, since until I understand your Hatari setup, it would be useless
> to try to debug it on my system.

OK.

--
"When we talk of civilization, we are too apt to limit the meaning of
the word to its mere embellishments, such as arts and sciences; but