Re: [hatari-users] ICD hard drive image

Moving the discussion from the Hatari list to the EmuTOS devel list.

On Sun, 19 May 2019 17:22:32 -0400
"Roger Burrows" <anodyne@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 19 May 2019 at 14:16, Charles Curley wrote:
>
> > I have pulled a hard drive image from a SCSI drive I once used on my
> > ST. The host adapter was an ICD HA, so the partition table is ICD's
> > extended partition table.
> >
> > I am using emutos from May 6, 2019.
> >
> > I tried simply adding the image to my Hatari environment; no go. I
> > had no indication that Hatari even recognized the image.
> >
> > Where do I go from here?
> >
> I am assuming that you're using the ST or STe emulation of Hatari.

Mega ST. I have to stick with 68000. However, for the halibut I tried
using STe, and that was a no go.

> If you press F12 in Hatari, you get the Hatari main menu.  If you
> click on "Hard disks", you get the Hard disks dialog.  The ACSI drive
> image should be listed under "ACSI HD image:".  If it isn't, use the
> Browse button to select the image.  If it is, it's possible the
> problem is within EmuTOS: please post your request there, and I'll
> try to help.

I can browse to it and select it. Still no go.

I have it as ASCI HD2. ASCI HDs 0 and 1 are images I built fresh, and
they show up and work as C: and D:. All have extensions of ".img". I
also have a GEMDOS drive, which show up as E: whether I have the SCSI
image in the mix or not.

Having done that, I tried creating an icon for f:, and was told it does
not exist.

> > The Hatari documentation on "ACSI hard drive emulation" refers to
> > several programs, such as HDX.PRG and packaged called AHDI. Are
> > those useful here? And if so where do I get them?
> > https://hatari.tuxfamily.org/doc/manual.html#ACSI_hard_drive_emulation
> >
> These are the original Atari programs for hard drive support.  You do
> not need them with EmuTOS.

Thanks

--
"When we talk of civilization, we are too apt to limit the meaning of
the word to its mere embellishments, such as arts and sciences; but