Re: [hatari-users] Minor Problems with Falcon Emulation (joypad issue)

Am Sun, 10 Aug 2014 01:26:28 +0300

> Hi,
>
> On sunnuntai 10 elokuu 2014, Thomas Huth wrote:
> > The code for joypad A looks IMHO ok, but the code for joypad B
> > looks a rather wrong ... I guess this has never been really
> > tested... Does anybody know a game that supports a Jag-pad in port
> > B and uses the extended buttons? (Haven't tested Tautology II yet
> > that Ingo mentioned ... did somebody already try?).
>
> One can configure T2 to use Pad B (it might have also picked player
> one control method based on what Fire button is pressed).
>
> Seems to work fine, unless both:
> - T2 still interprets PAD A (also)
> - Hatari PAD B stuff maps to PAD A stuff
>
> Would be nice to have second PAD B test case.

As far as I could see, T2 does not query the extended firebuttons of
pad B. But I've found another game by Reservoir Gods, Bunion Canyon,
which supports pad B and queries the extended firebuttons there (though
I am not sure whether they are used in the game at all).
But looking at the contents of the IO registers, it really seemed like
the value for the extended buttons was wrong. I've committed a fix now,
so if we ever find a game that uses the extended buttons for pad B,
too, it should hopefully work right now.

 Thomas