Re: [hatari-users] Minor Problems with Falcon Emulation (joypad issue)

Am Sat, 9 Aug 2014 18:16:44 +0300

> Hi,
>
> On lauantai 09 elokuu 2014, Eero Tamminen wrote:
> > >
> > > That code looks really wrong, I think your patch is right, Eero.
> > > It should be ok to commit it.
> >
> > Commited.  Any comments on the Joy_StePadMulti_ReadWord() code,
> > do you know how it should work and does it look correct?
> >
> > (masks used for nData between joy A & B look suspicious.)
>
> I mean, stuff like this:
> --------------------------------------
>         Uint8 nData = 0xff;
>                 nData &= 0xf0;
>                         nData |= ~<value> & 0x0f;
>                 nData &= 0x0f;  <==
>                         nData |= ~<value> & 0x0f;  <==
> 	        IoMem_WriteWord(0xff9202, (nData << 8) | 0x0ff);

The code for joypad A looks IMHO ok, but the code for joypad B looks a
rather wrong ... I guess this has never been really tested...
Does anybody know a game that supports a Jag-pad in port B and uses the
extended buttons? (Haven't tested Tautology II yet that Ingo
mentioned ... did somebody already try?).
Also, I currently do not have my USB joypad available, so I can
currently not test this behaviour.

 Thomas