Re: [hatari-users] TOS 1.0 floppy bootrom

Am Mon, 18 Mar 2013 18:09:48 +0100
schrieb Vincent Rivière <vincent.riviere@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

> On 18/03/2013 17:39, Matthias Arndt wrote:
> > My hatari (a few week old hg build) starts with the unpatched ROM
>
> I test with Hatari 1.6.2 on Windows.
>
> At startup, there is the message:
> "Please use at least TOS v1.04 for the HD directory emulation (all
> required GEMDOS functionality isn't completely emulated for this TOS
> version)."
>
> Then the screen blinks between black and grey.
>
> If I eject my GEMDOS drive in the Hatari hard disk options, then the
> ROM starts as expected :-)
>
> So Hatari *does* support that ROM, but if the GEMDOS drive emulation
> is enabled, it fails badly. At least, we know the workaround now.

Seems like the problem is our cartridge ... when GEMDOS HD (or VDI
resultion) is enabled, Hatari simulates a ROM cartridge for simulating
the additional features. That cartridge likely does something that is
not supported by TOS 0.00 yet -> crash -> reboot.

So the fix was easy: Simply do not use the cartridge when TOS 0.00 has
been selected (does not make sense anyway since this TOS does neither
have a GEMDOS nor a VDI).

 Thomas