Re: [hatari-users] TOS 1.0 floppy bootrom

On maanantai 18 maaliskuu 2013, Vincent Rivière wrote:
> The bootrom for the ancestral TOS 1.0 on floppy is available there:
> http://www.atari-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=18983#p163318
>
> But it does not work with Hatari. The screen blinks between black and
> grey.

The comments on the mail thread indicate that Hatari actually works with it:
---------
I patched it by adding TOS 1.00 header and moving overwritten code at begin
to empty area at end. Now Steem and Hatari accept it (so, emulators look TOS
header for validating).
Under Steem it loads US floppy based TOS 1.00 (I had only it at hand) and
Brataccas, same in Hatari.
A rather current version of Hatari can load TOS 1.00 de, TOS 2.06 de and
Emutos 0.9 (floppy edition) from corresponding boot floppies. In all 3
cases, the desktop appears but I didn't test more than a bit of clicking and
opening the floppy contents.

*Edit* Both the unpatched version above and the patched version by ppera do
this.
---------

> It would be cool if Hatari could support that ROM.

To me it seems rather useless... :-)

Is there any program that works only with that ROM version, like there
are programs (e.g. Squixx) that work only with TOS v1.00?

	- Eero