Re: [hatari-users] hatari 1.6.0 display problem...

(I'm CCing this to users mailing list so it gets archived &
in case somebody else has the same issue.)

On lauantai 14 tammikuu 2012, Chris wrote:
> On 14 January 2012 16:03, Eero Tamminen <oak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > you can see the problem here:
> > >
> > > http://dl.dropbox.com/u/54438631/hatari.jpg

Is that a CRT monitor, not an LCD one?

(I.e. pixels don't always have the same proportion and can
be "squashed" depending on selected resolution.)

> > > screen is back to normal when I un-tick the "show ST/STE borders"
> > > option..
> >
> > What resolutions your monitor supports?
>
> max 1280x1024

What values you see in Hatari options screen dialog for
"max zoomed win"?

> Which resolution of those Hatari 1.5 used when borders option was
> selected?
>
> I *now* realized that the 1.5 has this problem too (on xp x64) ...
> probably is a bug with the gfx drivers ...
>
> ST RGB mode with borders (I see the stretched screen) == 800x600
> ST RGB mode without borders == 1280x1024

Could you verify from the OSD info that?

With ST mode without borders, it should be a much smaller resolution,
something like 640x480.

> btw, I noticed that *if* I start the hatari having a desktop resolution
> 800x600 then everything is ok..

Could you describe more accurately what steps you mean and verify
what are the actual resolutions you get?

Do you mean starting Hatari in fullscreen without borders and
then switching borders on?

	- Eero