Re: [hatari-devel] Minus key is mapped to / in Hatari when using KEYMAP_SYMBOL

On Sun, Feb 18, 2024 at 12:06 PM Eero Tamminen <oak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Regarding the patch I provided, that's needed because NVRAM setting
> overrides ROM country code setting, both in EmuTOS and TOS3+.

Ah, I see now that "countrycode" isn't taking NVRAM into account. Okay, I'll add this.

> As long as the new code does not regress anything, just improves
> symbolic key handling (and is not too complicated), I'm very much
> interested in it.

Yes, that's really all it is. Just adding the needed language target disambiguation to the symbolic mapping. The only thing that's complicated about it is having to produce ~15 maps and test them.

> > Do you have a scancode diagram for a Greek or Russian keyboard?
> Note: release process for new EmuTOS release has started.  New version
> will add support also for Romania, and previous release added Turkish

I can maybe use EmuTOS source code to figure out the scancode mappings. Thorsten's diagrams are the ideal, but even if I could find at least a photograph of what the ST keyboard looks like for these languages it would help understand the layout better.

-- Brad Smith