Re: [hatari-devel] Minus key is mapped to / in Hatari when using KEYMAP_SYMBOL

Hi Brad,

On 18.2.2024 17.10, Brad Smith wrote:
On Sun, Feb 18, 2024 at 1:49 AM Thorsten Otto <admin@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
This should be able to work well for all languages EmuTOS supports. I've
implemented 6 of them so far. I don't know how to set up MiNT with Hatari
for testing, but it should work with the standard hardware keyboard layouts
if Hatari's "countrycode" detection matches the correct layout.

Regarding the patch I provided, that's needed because NVRAM setting overrides ROM country code setting, both in EmuTOS and TOS3+.

TOS does not have dead key input, does it? I could imagine MiNT or some
alternative emulated OS providing it, but I don't have experience with
it.
TOS does not, but EmuTOS, MagiC and MinT have deadkey support. In EmuTOS,
the french and greek tables make use of it.

The question about dead keys was mostly just curiosity, because they don't
create any new problem here. SDL still relays the keypress from the host,
and the emulated OS is providing the dead key mechanism. Now that I have a
French mapping in my implementation, EmuTOS' dead key for ^ in French works
perfectly well.

Good to hear!

As long as the new code does not regress anything, just improves symbolic key handling (and is not too complicated), I'm very much interested in it.

Do you have a scancode diagram for a Greek or Russian keyboard? Those were
the two I saw supported by EmuTOS that were not included here:
http://tho-otto.de/keyboards/

Note: release process for new EmuTOS release has started. New version will add support also for Romania, and previous release added Turkish: * https://github.com/emutos/emutos/commit/4999576d3d05cf8217183409a2961f389550e0e5 * https://github.com/emutos/emutos/commit/e540fb6b21904c6dd1c75bd9ce1ec61cc6f853fa

Both of those seem also to be missing from Thorsten's site:
* https://tho-otto.de/keyboards/