Re: [hatari-devel] The external disassembler is now really external

Am Wed, 24 Aug 2022 20:25:28 +0200
schrieb Christian Zietz <czietz@xxxxxxx>:

> Thomas Huth schrieb:
>
> >> - Most importantly: 68030 MMU opcodes are incorrectly disassembled as
> >> *FPU* instructions.
> >
> > Uh, that's bad :-( Could you maybe a bug ticket at
> > https://github.com/capstone-engine/capstone/issues ?
> > (otherwise, let me know, then I'll do it)
>
> I would appreciate if you did it. Because there might be questions like
> "how is Hatari integrating Capstone", which I could not answer.

Done now, FNOP here:

https://github.com/capstone-engine/capstone/issues/1916

and MMU instructions here:

https://github.com/capstone-engine/capstone/issues/1917

> > PS: Capstone comes with a nice command line tool for disassembly, so it's
> > even possible to verify this on the command line:
> >
> > $ cstool m68k40 0xf0394c0000e4995a
> >   0  f0 39 4c 00  fmove.x	invalid, fp0
> >
> > ... that should be a pmove instead.
>
> I'm not sure this is the best way of demonstrating the bug to the
> Capstone developers. The 68040 does not have PMOVE. It has some other
> PMMU instructions, but these differ from the 68030.

Right! Unfortunately, the cstool does not seem to have a
mode for the 68030 yet, so I've tried to come up with a 040-specific
instruction in the ticket for "cstool" and reported the problem with the
68030 with some dumps from the Hatari disassembler instead.

 Thomas

PS: https://github.com/capstone-engine/capstone/issues/1668 seems to be
interesting for m68k, too ... if you prefer "bra.s" instead of "bra.b",
please leave a comment there.