Re: [hatari-devel] The external disassembler is now really external

Am Sun, 21 Aug 2022 19:53:33 +0200
schrieb Christian Zietz <czietz@xxxxxxx>:

> Thomas Huth schrieb:
>
> > But instead of getting rid of the external disassembler completely, I've
> > replaced it with the Capstone library, so if you don't like the WinUAE
> > disassembly output, you can still get some more traditional disassembly
> > that way.
>
> I certainly never liked the WinUAE disassembly (too cluttered, imho);
> therefore, I'm glad that an alternative remains. However, as of now,
> Capstone seems to be missing some features that were present in the old
> external disassembler:
>
> - Decoding of Line-A opcodes is missing.

Ok, ... I guess it should be easy to re-add that quite easily. I'll try
to have a look when I've got some spare time.

> - FNOP is disassembled as FBF.W (floating point branch never), which is
> technically correct but weird.
> - Most importantly: 68030 MMU opcodes are incorrectly disassembled as
> *FPU* instructions.

Uh, that's bad :-( Could you maybe a bug ticket at
https://github.com/capstone-engine/capstone/issues ?
(otherwise, let me know, then I'll do it)

 Thomas

PS: Capstone comes with a nice command line tool for disassembly, so it's
even possible to verify this on the command line:

$ cstool m68k40 0xf0394c0000e4995a
 0  f0 39 4c 00  fmove.x	invalid, fp0

.... that should be a pmove instead.