Re: [hatari-devel] Hatari Mac GUI: Selecting IDE image

* would NSOpenPanel default to all files being selectable i.e. could
mutString lines be completely removed?

It looks like it does. I'll remove the what: parameter completely, meaning that the Mac GUI will allow any filetype to be specified in any file selector. (As far as I understand it, that's what the SDL GUI does: no matter what sort of file you are choosing, you can choose a file with any extension. Correct me if I'm wrong on that one!)

BTW, mutString will still be needed because that's used to return the path of the chosen file.

* does using this "chooseDirectories:NO defaultInitialDir" mean file
selector defaulting to application workdir, or to dir of the initial
file selection?

I confess I haven't figured this out yet. I will attempt to figure it out and report back. I confess that the file selector on the Mac sometimes defaults to an unexpected place for me so it'll be good for me to understand it better. I guess ultimately we'd want the Mac UI to behave the same as the Hatari configuration defaults and/or the SDL UI...?

I'm busy this weekend but will attempt to create a new patch early next week (once it works and I'm confident that I've not screwed up some basic Objective C thing) to remove the filetype filters at least.

        - Eero

PS. In Hatari configuration defaults, TOS / kernel images default to
DataDir, and HD images + audio/video recordings default to WorkingDir.

Screenshots default to ScreenshotsDir, and if that is missing, to
WorkingDir.

DataDir is same place as where Hatari binary is (WorkingDir is obviously
CWD).