Re: [hatari-devel] Hatari Mac GUI: Selecting IDE image

Here is a patch that allows any type of file to be chosen as an IDE image, as well as allowing any filetype to be chosen in various other file selectors in the Mac UI.

In doing a bit of reading about the Objective C class that is used here, NSOpenPanel, I discovered that the allowedFileTypes property has actually been deprecated for a while [0]. This might explain why the user is not given any indication of what the set of allowed fields are. If we really do want to only allow certain file types then I might be able to figure out what it was replaced with... but tbh I'd be happy to leave it as it is.

All feedback on this little patch gratefully received.

[0] https://developer.apple.com/documentation/appkit/nssavepanel/1534419-allowedfiletypes

On Wed, 24 Aug 2022 at 20:39, Eero Tamminen <oak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

On 24.8.2022 20.22, Chris Jenkins wrote:
> If I can't figure out how to show the accepted file extensions, would a
> patch to allow *all* file types be useful? I.e. allow the user to select
> any file...

Last time I used Mac was in 90's, but that seems fine to me.  SDL GUI
alredy accepts any file name.