Re: [hatari-devel] ASAN issues with tests

On 29.7.2022 18.26, Eero Tamminen wrote:
It does not give error if VDI screen size is small enough.

And it does not happen with Videl code (used for Falcon & TT).

Test tries to set screen to the end of emulated machine RAM.

I'm not able to reproduce ASAN error if I disable SMALL_MEM build option, i.e. it's a SMALL_MEM config bug.

With "--vdi-planes 4", 640x200 is enough to trigger it, with 2 planes 640x400, and with mono, 640x736.

All these cause screen area to be slightly larger
than the 56 KB padding Thomas added in his SMALL_MEM workaround:
https://git.tuxfamily.org/hatari/hatari.git/commit/?id=5316b4081e9d3fa177ed14419369bc13892af4e8

It appears that SMALL_MEM ST-RAM padding should take into account also largest possible VDI screen size (300KB), i.e. use MAX_VDI_BYTES.

That appears to fix the issue, but I'll do still TOS boot tester runs before commiting the fix.