Re: [hatari-devel] HDC code update patch

Am Mon, 14 Mar 2022 19:44:48 +0100
schrieb Uwe Seimet <Uwe.Seimet@xxxxxxxxx>:

> Hi,
>
> Does it have to be this complicated? I have been working with several
> projects using git, also in my job, but this is the most complicated
> approach I have seen so far ;-).

Sending patches to mailing list is also what the Linux kernel and other big
projects are using. It's certainly one way of scaling the patch reviews,
e.g. if multiple mailing lists are involved (like with the Linux kernel).
But of course Hatari isn't such a big project yet ;-)

> Is there a git repository I can clone, so that I can raise a PR against my
> changes? This also retains the other and has other advantages.

There is already https://github.com/hatari/hatari or
https://gitlab.com/huth/hatari ... you can open a merge requests there,
but it's currently more cumbersome for me since I then have to move the
patches manually to the main repository.