Re: [hatari-devel] program autostart, visual studio Hatari compilation

On 24.10.2021 15.19, Thorsten Otto wrote:
On Sonntag, 24. Oktober 2021 12:56:34 CEST Paweł Góralski wrote:
After I've tried to pass additional path to binary after first one
(something like '--auto "C:\WRKSPACE\GAME.TOS C:\WRKSPACE\GAME.TOS"'), I

If you quote it like that then the whole string will be treated as the
pathname for the program to start, hence the warning because it is too long
for the GEMDOS emulation.

Autostarting in Hatari works by manipulating the 'Z' line in desktop.inf/
newdesk.inf, so the program is actually started by the desktop. I don't think
there is any way to pass parameters with this mechanism directly.

Hatari has a shell script that inserts Atari
program arguments to its basepage using debugger
and conditional breakpoints:
https://git.tuxfamily.org/hatari/hatari.git/tree/tools/hatari-prg-args.sh

> Best i could think of is to write the parameters to some file, then starting a
> small tool that reads that file and starts the actual program.

Before Hatari debugger had the necessary support
for inserting stuff to basepage, I used another
script that writes startup script for Gulam shell
[1] and then auto-starts Gulam with Hatari, like
this:
	echo "c:\\$prg $args" > gulam.g
	hatari ./gulam.prg

[1] http://websites.umich.edu/~archive/atari/Cli/

While Gulam is nice and contains huge amount of features (most shell commands + microemacs) in
single 100KB binary, it has some bugs, and no
source code.

So it would be great if standalone version of
EmuCON2 would also support executing commands from
a file when it starts (e.g. from "emucon2.ini").

However, last time I tried to push patches for
that, they were not accepted.

> Secondly, anyone has any successes with building Hatari with Visual
> Studio and CMake (VS2019 should have c99 support as far I know)? Any
> show stoppers before I dive in? On first glance SDL2 and other
> dependencies prebuild dependencies should be setup (without pkg-config)
> along with VS2019 custom flags.

Now that Microsoft is pushing WSL so much, maybe
best way is to build Hatari for Linux and run
it under WSL no Windows? :-)