|Re: [hatari-devel] Some buttons are not deselected / accepted|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: hatari-devel <hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [hatari-devel] Some buttons are not deselected / accepted
- From: David Savinkoff <dsavnkff@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2021 15:25:30 -0700
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=telus.net; s=google; h=mime-version:references:in-reply-to:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=PzlUSz4AYdVJxrDZ1rs7ml4aMb4GjyuA1gDV9NqVT5M=; b=Vo8zh3csb3Lwp+087IGnvtjnE1/7RcyE/fSc3n++kUoD3BLY18Aafc6In2a35FhaR3 NGLeVnRb8BQv41PdsSgZWoDJhnbTq6UdlGap5UUEJAC7Qz/xyDIWmCbQtyXGlr4E597d ARUulmyn/LqCclXin3BTfkYMZIAh57envCwaMVkUtdfo0mXXuqU+tLcR/QGn7gC4wHu9 RLpP7PVBr6t0lLhvdDuPFK3e6UiVWRiFK7Ohmqy6HZa/ZrIBn5cBOVXhZ9gopPsP98oS owS/ui+cEkZ8hYjwkbC8tx3/J0GF7GKDZW0JgO80zw2ZrO7hJvd+PYZaS6Ydrn26HG1n PVUA==
I think this patch should be considered. I had a possibly similar problem
that was patched in Hatari with a logitech rudder control joystick that
sent usb rudder packets that Hatari needs to throw away quickly
because it does not use them. (run on sentence :-)
I've noticed over the years that Personal Computers generate many
useless (spurious) interrupts (maybe misconfigured undocumented hardware).
These interrupts sometimes get routed to where they are not expected.
Mystery solved. As expected, this was a setup issue, although an intriguing one. For some reason, in the file dialog (and only there), my SDL generates a "SDL_KEYMAPCHANGED" event which totally confuses the SDL GUI handler. Interestingly, it has been added in SDL 2.0.4 so it surely must be coming only from my system. Why? No clue.
Btw that handler is pretty fragile as you can see, one unknown event and we abort everything, leaving the UI in quite a broken state.
Attached patch fixes my situation, I'll let you decide how to fix this, if ever.
Miro, what's your SDL version?
As mentioned, 2.0.16. However don't take my word for the fact that it's SDL which is the culprit here. I'm on latest KDE, if anyone has similar setup. The most puzzling part for me is the fact that it doesn't happen on *every* button nor in *every* dialog. To me it looks like that only the file selector is broken.