Re: [hatari-devel] Preparing hatari 2.3.1

Le 26/12/2020 à 01:09, Eero Tamminen a écrit :

It was very annoying to debug because *every*
mouse move in their GUIs generates Hatari MIDI
trace output (Nicolas?), so I just changed that
particular error to LOG_WARN.

Hi

this is because the 2 ACIA used for keyboard and midi are connected to a single MFP pin 4. So when you move mouse/press key or receive midi bytes, the OS will only get one interrupt for both and need to check each acia to see which one triggered the interrupt, hence the trace in the midi part when mouse is moved.

But portmidi-devel will no longer be mandatory so if it's not there we will just be no MIDI support in the built hatari, correct ?

The change I proposed is only dropping PortMidi
devel package from hatari.spec build deps so that
Hatari gets built with (IMHO superior) raw MIDI
device file support instead.

I'm not even sure fedora or other rpm based distro are keeping this require ; also what about deb packages ? Do they require portmidi-devel on their own or not ?