Re: [hatari-devel] Hatari window embedding issue

On 12/20/20 8:51 AM, Jens Guenther wrote:
Eero Tamminen <oak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Does it have Gtk v3.22 or newer?

It's Gtk v3.18.

Oh, right, I forgot you said it's Ubuntu 16.04 based. Standard support for Ubuntu 16.04 ends
in few months, so I'll just ignore that.

(New enough Gtk versions are available in Ubuntu
18.04, even in Debian oldstable, and RHEL / CentOS
7.)

I'll add a note about requiring Gtk >=v3.22 both
to Hatari and Python UI release notes though.

Just out of curiosity: the "SDL_CreateWindowFrom" way didn't work?

I haven't tried it.

I think Python UI would then need to create
a suitable window for that, as I don't think
GtkSocket one is necessarily suitable for it.

Also, based on the remark here:
https://wiki.libsdl.org/SDL_CreateWindowFrom#Remarks

SDL framebuffer pixel format might be relevant,
and I'm not going to add any negotiation for
that between the processes.