Re: [hatari-devel] Hatari window embedding issue

On 12/18/20 6:21 PM, Jens Guenther wrote:
Eero Tamminen <oak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Is the fixed version of Hatari first thing in your PATH?

Yes. Tested with SDL2 verions 2.0.9 (BunsenLabs) and 2.0.12 (ArcoLinux) and
both show the same behavior: "hatariui" with embedded SDL2 renderer window,
pressing F11 twice brings the black area back. But sometimes it works after
toggling the fullscreen mode several times ...

Unfortunately I cannot reproduce it.

Any additional information on how I could
reproduce it would good...

I think most, if not all deprecation warnings
can be fixed with APIs in that Gtk version.

OK, no more cheap excuses ... a first attempt is attached ... ;-)

Thanks, I pushed it with few additional changes:
https://git.tuxfamily.org/hatari/hatari.git/commit/?id=d7598c49053155cf3ae54341508345c25a780133

Seems that changing the background color now requires CSS ... %-)

Larger changes like that would go after bug fix
release, along with doing menus with XML (as seems
to be now required), or changing layouts from Box
widgets to Grid widget.

I would have loved having Grid widget when I
originally did the dialogs.  Just doing change
from current dialogs to ones using Grid widget
is IMHO not worth it though.

But changing Python UI to be tabbed like macOS GUI:
https://hatari.tuxfamily.org/scrshots3.html

would be nice, and Grid widget could possibly help
when re-doing "everything"...