Re: [hatari-devel] binary releases

IIRC the sdl file was only needed to be redistributed when built with sdl1.

(and yes I change "Windows" to "macOS" in readme-first and have a readme-libraries instead of DLL)

/Troed

Sent from ProtonMail Mobile

On Sun, Nov 29, 2020 at 19:10, Nicolas Pomarède <npomarede@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Le 29/11/2020 à 19:01, Eero Tamminen a écrit :

> I couldn't open macOS archive, so I don't know what's there, but I
> noticed that Windows ZIP
> is missing:
> * "debugger.html" & "thanks.txt" docs

Indeed, I forgot some files were split since hatari 2.2.1 release, so I
used an old file list.

> * "hmsa" & "gst2ascii" programs
>   - these should be built as console programs

I didn't pay attention to these 2 files. We should check if cmake
options for mingw need some extra flags to force console mode/

> In total, there are 3 doc files in Windows ZIP
> that are missing from Git:
> - README-first.txt
> - README-DLL.txt
> - README-SDL.txt
>
> Content from first one is partly same as in
> readme.txt, and I think that part should be
> dropped.
>
> Rest could be joined with README-DLL.txt and
> renamed e.g. to README-Windows.txt and added
> to Git.
>
> MacOS could then have similar README-macOS.txt
> file in Git.
>
> (Last doc is from SDL project and apparently
> should be distributed as-is.  That's probably
> fine outside of Git.)
>

> Comments?

The more we put in git repo, the better it is, and yes, maybe some files
could be renamed / merged to avoid duplicate content.