Re: [hatari-devel] Hatari 2.3.0 has been released

On 11/29/20 12:51 PM, Christian Zietz wrote:
Congratulations to the team and thank you for being able to fix the
things I only found at the last minute!

If I already may make a suggestion for the 2.4 release ;-): As EmuTOS
developer I would really like this sentence (from README-first.txt in
the Windows binary downloads)

That file doesn't seem to be in Git.  Nicolas?

to be rephrased, perhaps from 'many' to 'some':
"However, if you want to play games or watch demos, you should better
use an original TOS ROM image since many games and demos do not work
very well with EmuTOS yet."

Sounds reasonable, especially assuming that Hatari
v2.4 happens after new EmuTOS v1.1 release.

(Working Falcon emulation is what distinguishes
Hatari from other Atari emulators, and for EmuTOS
v1.0 under Falcon emulation, "many" is more
accurate.)

Especially since you have this really extensive and well-maintained
compatibility list in doc/emutos.txt -- which, BTW, is highly appreciated!

Thanks!

As EmuTOS is shipped with Hatari binaries,
I thought documenting its compatibility
properly is kind of warranted. :-)