Re: [hatari-devel] Small bug in Hatari Falcon emulation

On 25 Nov 2020 at 11:15, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:

> on STF/STE the pattern depends on what was last seen on the bus for the
> latest memory access. So most of the time it will be some bits from the
> current 680x0 opcode used to run the current program.
>
> As roger told that value is not always 0xff it's very likely to be bus
> based, so you won't find any pattern.

Yes, I think you're 100% correct; the values read back were not really "random"
but they varied for the same address.  I don't think any program could possibly
rely on a pattern for them, so I don't think that Hatari needs to attempt to
emulate that.

Roger