Re: [hatari-devel] Valid memory amount?

On 11/19/20 12:24 PM, Thomas Huth wrote:
Am Thu, 19 Nov 2020 12:12:40 +0200
It only changes memory handling for Falcon, by
rounding up also smaller memory amounts to
something that is actually supported.  Rest is
just making the memory limit code more readable /
documented.

No, really, no. We've had enough regressions recently, so please no
more patches like this at this point in time. Even if it seems trivial
for you, the patch isn't that small, and could still introduce new
problems that we certainly don't want at this point in time.

Ok, I'll change it after release.

On 11/19/20 12:19 PM, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
> OK for it then, but does it really make sense to allow 512 for falcon ?

Does it really make sense to allow 128KB & 256KB
for ST/STE/TT? :-)

> AFAIK the min config was 1M

1MB might be a minimum shipped Falcon config, but
according to comments in Hatari code, 512K has
been tested to be also supported, see:
https://git.tuxfamily.org/hatari/hatari.git/tree/src/stMemory.c#n368